Friday, November 19, 2010

DIY Formal Nursing Gown

Recently I was in a wedding party and that created many problems to be solved as a mother of a nursing baby.
   Pulling my thinking cap on I came up with a way to alter but still match the wedding party.
  First thing to do was call the bride and ask if it would be all right to alter the gown so it can be nursed in. Then out came the seam ripper and carefully picked the seams over both breast. Zig zag the edges, and then let the creative juices flow.  I went shopping for a dressy looking stretch top that I could cut and pull over the top of the gown. This is what I came up with.

A pretty lacy top with elastic right under the breasts was easily cut off and pulled over the top to give a sweet innocent look.
Though I found another look that was a bit more regal looking. Found a great top with a drape look that went below the breasts. Cut the sleeves under the drape and cut the top below the drape leaving enough of of the under shirt to keep the drape stable. Dye it to match the wedding accent color and pulled it over the dress.
   There are tons of possibilities, if you have any more ideas please share.

No comments:

Post a Comment